The Texas Comptroller encourages local governments to open their books to the public, provide a clear, consistent picture of organizational financial activity, and share information in a user-friendly format that lets taxpayers easily drill down for more information.
The City of Manvel is committed to transparency with its residents and stakeholders. Our Finance Department ensures timely, meaningful, and reliable disclosures about the organization's financial performance which can be viewed by residents at any time. We are proud to serve our community and are dedicated to making sure we are spending fairly and responsibly on their behalf!
For more information about transparency in government, visit the Texas Comptroller's Office website.
If you have any questions about the information on this page, please contact the Finance Department at 832-336-4069. To request additional information, you may submit a Public Information Request to the City using the instructions on the form.
Certified Annual Financial Reports
Certified Annual Financial Reports are end-of-fiscal-year audits performed by a third-party CPA firm to ensure the City is compliant and has proper procedures in place to account for all yearly activities.
- CAFR - September 30, 2021
- CAFR - September 30, 2020
- CAFR - September 30, 2019
- CAFR - September 30, 2018
- CAFR - September 30, 2017
- CAFR - September 30, 2016
- CAFR - September 30, 2015
Adopted Annual Budgets
Adopted Annual Budgets are just that. Usually adopted at the last regular Council meeting in September.
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2022-23
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2021-22
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2021-22 GFOA
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2020-21
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2019-20
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2018-19
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2017-18
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2016-17
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2015-16
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2014-15
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2013-14
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2012-13
Adopted Tax Rate
- Adopted Tax Rate For 2022 _ Tax Rate .57 ($0.57 cents/100)
- Adopted Tax Rate for 2021_Tax Rate .57 ($0.57 cents/100)
- Adopted Tax Rate for 2020_Tax Rate .61 ($0.61 cents/100)
- Adopted Tax Rate for 2019 _ Tax Rate .64 ($0.64 cents/100)
- Adopted Tax Rate for 2018 _ Tax Rate .69 ($0.69 cents/100)
Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) Reports
HOT Reports are submitted to the Comptroller each year and disclose what taxes were collected from hotels and motels inside City limits and what expenditures (if any) were made using those tax dollars.
Annual Local Debt Report (HB 1378)
The Local Debt Report is required by legislation to be posted so citizens can see the amount of bond debt the City has and what the bonds were used for as well as how much (if any) funds are left to be spent.
- HB 1378 Report 2021 Web
- HB 1378 Report 2020 Web
- HB 1378 Report 2019 Web
- HB 1378 Report 2018 Web
- HB 1378 Report 2017 Web
Chapter 380 and 381 Agreements
City of Manvel Chapter 380 and/or Chapter 381 Agreements posted on the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts website as required by LGC sections 380.004 (c ) and 381-005 (c ).
Annual Energy Consumption (HB 3693)
Annual Energy Consumption is a report required to show how much natural gas, electricity, and water the City pays for each year.
- Municipal Energy Usage - 2020 Calendar
- Municipal Energy Usage - 2019 Calendar
- Municipal Energy Usage - 2018 Calendar
Monthly Financial Reports
Monthly Financial Reports are financial snapshots from the Finance Department that show the fiscal position of the City at the end of each month and are the same reports given to City Council.