(1) GOAL: The purpose of the MEDC PSRG Program is to promote economic development and the addition of primary jobs by enhancing the visibility of existing businesses along targeted commercial areas.
The goal is to be accomplished by providing matching financial assistance to existing businesses in order for them to replace outdated pole signage with new modern signs that comply with current city codes.
(2) BACKGROUND: Recently, the City of Manvel adopted a new sign ordinance. Pole signs are no longer permitted. MEDC seeks to work with current business owners in the targeted area to enhance the visibility of the businesses along these targeted thoroughfares by replacing outdated pole signs with new, more conspicuous modern signs.
(3) TIMELINE: The Grant program will commence October 1, 2018, with a 1 year duration ending September 30, 2019. MEDC reserves the right to terminate or modify the PSRG Program at any time.
(4) TARGETED COMMERCIAL AREA: Zone Map – HWY 6 and FM 1128 Light Commercial SH 6 Overlay and Highway Mixed Use zoned areas
(5) BUDGET: Expected Project Amount Budget - $200,000
Specific Grant Details:
Manvel is indeed a “CITY ON THE RISE”. Manvel leaders are developing a wide range of possibilities to provide a sense of place, diversity, character and lasting value to its citizenry. The community is working together to make Manvel, Texas a special place to live, work and play.
The City of Manvel has adopted a comprehensive master plan. The City of Manvel staff is being diligent to strategically position Manvel with the desired mix of residential and retail concerns for the sustainability of the community.
Situated within minutes of downtown Houston in northern Brazoria County, Manvel is in a dynamic growth area. Manvel’s proximity to Houston offers easy access to all parts of the Metroplex.
Are you looking for that ‘small town’ feel while still being close to the services and amenities offered from Houston? Do you want your children to grow up with a keen sense of value and pride? Where should you move your budding business? Where can you find a rich community thriving within a beautiful city? Look no further! Come to Manvel TX!
Demographics is the study of ever changing population groups, and the one found in the link below is a snapshot of the entire population of the City of Manvel. This picture says a lot about us at this moment in time, how old we are, how much we earn and a lot more about us.
A population group is never stable, it is a dynamic thing and is always changing as people enter or leave the group. Decades of accumulated demographic data give a very accurate history of how a town changes and grows over time.
Demographics are used by both individuals and businesses when deciding to build or buy in a particular area. Demographics help the city plan for events, and is an important tool in deciding where and when to build new schools, grocery stores or parks.
Below are links to demographic information pertaining to the City of Manvel and our surrounding area;
Community Retail Dashboard - Demographic and Psychographic Mapping Data
BRAZORIA COUNTY ECONOMIC INDICATORS